Ph.D. (Cultural Studies) AARHUS UNIVERSITY, DENMARK (2016)
Integrated M.A. English Studies (Minor: Economics) IIT MADRAS, INDIA (2013)
Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
IIT JODHPUR, INDIA (2019-Present)
- Key Tasks: Research, Research Leadership, Teaching, Outreach, Consultancy and Public Sector Engagement
- Founding member of Jodhpur City Knowledge and Innovation Cluster, drafted detailed project proposal and made presentations to senior bureaucrats and union ministers.
- Nodal Officer for the Khadi and Village Industries Commission to connect technology experts with NGOs, artisans and village industries.
- Managed the Digital Language Lab including the recruitment, supervision and appraisal of all Lab staff, using digital tools to teach communication.
- Taught courses and modules in Consumer Culture, Social and Cultural Theory, Ethnography, Communication Skills and Cross-Cultural Translation.
- Launched the Institute’s first cross-disciplinary Science and Technology magazine TechScape.
- Heading the Institute’s social media team, managing regular content, promotions, advertisements and organization of live events.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
IIT MADRAS, INDIA (2017-2019)
- Key Tasks: Qualitative Research, Research Outreach and Teaching
- Taught courses and modules in Research Methods, Cultural Anthropology, and Cultural Studies.
- Translator (Tamil-English), The Scent of Happiness: A Novel.
- Organized Writing Workshops in collaboration with Kenyon College, USA.
- Awarded the Peter Taylor Fellowship for outstanding writers by Kenyon Review.
Erasmus IBIES Doctoral Fellow, School of Culture and Society
AARHUS UNIVERSITY, DENMARK (2013-2016)
- Key Tasks: Qualitative Research and Research Outreach
- Trained in qualitative research methods, use of digital tools for research, archival research methods, proposal drafting, research design, pedagogical methods, supervision, and research outreach.
As a teacher, I encourage curiosity, empathy and cross-disciplinary engagement in my students. I have taught introductory and advanced courses on cultural studies, anthropology, qualitative research methods, literature, communication skills, translation, consumer culture, digital humanities, gender, and South Asia to students of engineering, science and arts disciplines in Denmark and India. I have also conducted International workshops in writing for students and working professionals.
- Consumer Culture and Commodities
- Sociocultural Theories
- Communication Skills
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- Introduction to Cultural Studies
- Research Methodology – Select Modules
- Women in India—Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
- Perspectives in Literary and Language Studies
- Literature in Translation
- Regional Literature in Translation
- Appreciating Carnatic Music (teaching assistant) (Online open course for 1154 students)
- Kenyon Review Writers Workshop, USA (Teaching Fellow, Literary Nonfiction)
- Kenyon-IITM Writing Workshop, India (Coordinator and Teaching Assistant)